Rawstream continues its fight against employee productivity loss and internet malware with the début of version 2.0 of its content filtering and web security platform for small businesses.
Rawstream has launched version 2.0 of its web content filtering and security service for small businesses. The London and Malta-based tech startup, founded by Brian Azzopardi, launched in public beta in July 2012 and quickly got funding from Seedcamp, arguably the top micro-seed investment fund and startup accelerator in Europe.
Rawstream’s cloud-based solution helps small businesses manage web usage by setting up usage policies to filter websites based on their specific domain or categories such as gambling, parked domains, SPAM, questionable, malware, and dead sites. Azzopardi’s focus, from day 1, has been to disrupt the web-filtering market for SMBs (small and medium-sized businesses) and make it as easy as possible for businesses to increase employee productivity and stop Internet malware from destroying their computer systems. The launch of Rawstream 2.0 continues his mission.
Our goal for Rawstream has always been to deliver great tools to help business owners boost the productivity of their teams and employees in the evolving workplace. And with Rawstream 2.0 we have a delivered a solution that is the easiest to deploy and manage – in a wide range of environments. -Rawstream Blog
Rawstream 2.0 Highlights Include:
- SMB Friendly. Rawstream works the same whether a small business has 5 employees using laptops or 100 employees on a centralized company network.
- Individual User Policies. Rather than a blanket web usage policy, companies can set up policies specific to a user’s job role. An example might be an employee that is part of the social media or marketing team must have access to social networks such as Facebook or Twitter, while other roles that share sensitive company information, such as HR or Finance, might not.
- Flexible Deployment. Rawstream supports company issued devices as well as BYOD (Bring Your Own Device).
- Security in all Geographic Locations. In addition to devices on the company network, Rawstream protects laptops used by traveling employees.
- Computing System Agnostic. Rawstream works in any computing environment including Windows, Google Apps, Zoho, PCs or Macs.
- Easy Setup for Administrators. Rawstream makes it easy for admins through smart setup.
Pricing starts at $2 per user monthly or $20 per user yearly. Businesses interested in checking out Rawstream can try a free 15 day trial and get special pricing of 25% off if they sign up by March 1st. Existing customers have automatically been upgraded to Rawstream 2.0.
To contact the writer on this story: Philip Nowak in Chicago at [email protected] Please contact us if you’d like to submit a small business innovation story or small business tech startup, product or service.
Philip Nowak is the founder of Firmology, a news and information media company focused on helping small businesses grow through small business technology and innovation. You can find Philip on Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn and Quora.